:::: MENU ::::

Monday, February 18, 2013

Hello guys,

Yesterday I updated the Beta to version 1.1. I added in a tutorial map that you must play before you play any of the maps. It's basically just for setting your sensitivity for the accelerometer. I also added Justin's name to the credits. I completely forgot about him. That sounds mean. I didn't exactly forget about him, I forgot he helped us with concept art. Is that better? Anyway, I added his name to the list, moved an asteroid, and found out how to save stuff. Expect stats to be saved more in the up coming updates. I would like to save stats, like best score and what not. I would also like to save the calibration so if the device is dropped or not in the range of calibration while the game is starting we can simply use the saved calibration for the calibration for that time around. Also, another thing about saving stats. Float variables don't save correctly for me when I use player prefs in Unity. The way I got around this was multiplying the variable I wanted to save by 1000 then saving it as an integer. When I asked for it back I just divide it by 1000 again and apply it. I may loose some data this way but if I need more data I can just multiply by a bigger number.

A thought that I have been having for the game is a race mode. I won't add it until a little bit later when we have all of the main glitches fixed and finish the tutorial level. Which could take about a month at this rate. I'm not sure if I would just want to release the game then though. Probably not, I think of us kind of like Valve. We take a while to do stuff, but in the end it will always work good. It won't be half assed. At least what I do won't be half assed. What Patrick does might be half assed. I don't get why he doesn't spruce up his models now though. He has time to do it because I am taking a little while on this game. It would be kind of a pain to update all of the models though, so it might be for the better...

Anyway,  I have to go get my Calculus homework done.

Until next time

0 comments:

Post a Comment

You're awesome for even thinking of leaving a comment...

A call-to-action text Contact us