:::: MENU ::::

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Hello guys,

We should be done with this game by midnight tomorrow. That's the deadline that I put down for myself and I plan to stick with it. Unless there are glaring holes or glitches in the game obviously. That means it's time to strap it down and get coding. The thing that I'm finishing up on right now is the sensitivity settings in the pause menu. The tutorial decided to stop working though, so I had to go and figure out what that was all about and fix it. It should be good now though. Now I'm making sure the levels all cooperate so I can release a patch for that. After I fix that I am going to rearrange the main menu because we are getting rid of it. Everything that is needed is accessible from the pause menu. Everything that's not in the pause menu can be handled with code. Such as figuring out if the player is listening to their own music, then we can turn off our sounds in game so the music isn't ruined by atmospheric tracks that we have going. Other stuff I want to do is get rid of annoying little glitches and details. This is my list so far:


  • Make the main menu have screens on either side of the main part.
  • Make the map list able to be scrolled on when you push on the names.
  • Make the pause menu select when your finger comes up, not when it first touches. (it can be annoying)
  • Make the options menu have names of the buttons underneath them.
  • Make the enemies look like they are shooting when they attack you. 
  • Make the enemies more fun to play against.
  • Make the enemies kill you more. (more health draining and from farther away)
  • Make the animation screen skipping more fluid. (no that big of a problem)

Some of these problems can be fixed after release. It's always good to have good first impressions though. Especially since the first people this game is going to is straight to the press. 

Anyway, back to programming

Until next time

4 comments:

  1. I would like to try your program after its perfectly done. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such as figuring out if the player is listening to their own music. awesome !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im wondering about the updates of your work and how it turn out?

    ReplyDelete

You're awesome for even thinking of leaving a comment...

A call-to-action text Contact us