:::: MENU ::::

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Hey guys,

Quick update on the development side of things. For the last 3 days I have been try to get the skybox to work on unity3d without a cubemap. The reason I was trying to do this is because cubemaps don't work on mobile platforms for some reason. That being so I had to figure a way to make the skybox into 3 different pieces. So I tried to simply split them into 6 pieces and assign those to all of the sides. In doing this the sides were very easy to see and it simply looked as though you were in a big box. Now I had to find a new way to do this. After searching through the internet I happened upon a tutorial that kind of did what I needed. What they did was go into blender and assign the texture we used on the cube mapped skybox to a semi-sphere. They then took a ground texture and assigned it to a plane to make an environment that they would like in their game. After that they used a very interesting feature in blender that will assign the environment to the sides of a cube. You can then use this texture, split it up in GIMP and put it into your game. Very long process but it pays off in the end.

I might make a tutorial for this later. Kind of hard to see what I did through that paragraph above. I will even include pictures :D

Until next time. 

We also changed our name to New Stream Software. Thought you might like to know.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

You're awesome for even thinking of leaving a comment...

A call-to-action text Contact us