:::: MENU ::::

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Hello again guys, I have an announcement to make. I have to simplify my AI due to physics problems. The reason being is when I have at least one AI spaceship in the level the physics goes very slow and only updates one time a second. I have no idea why this is as of right now. My other option is to move the missiles manually without physics and make physics GTFO. Now that I think about it, that is a totally acceptable approach to the matter. The main reason being the AI planes actually move perfectly, as if the physics totally gives up after you try to even move anything.

That being said, I am still going to simplify my AI code. There are variables all over the place and half of them don't even do anything. I am thinking for the next 2 or 3 weeks I am going to spruce up all of my code. Rewrite everything if need be, come up with new solutions to problems that I might have chickenshitted a few months back. I am going to streamline this whole game then get back to you on that. That also means the build count won't be very accurate for the next week or so either, but when is it ever?

Until next time,

                                                                     Grant Oberhauser - Sprucing it Up a Bit

0 comments:

Post a Comment

You're awesome for even thinking of leaving a comment...

A call-to-action text Contact us