:::: MENU ::::

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Hello again peoples, today I wanted to share everything I have done since last time I have posted.
*Checks previous post*... * 1 minute later* OK, so I have somewhat solved the calibration issue which wasn't that hard to do in the first place. After I solved that little problem I started changing our testing map around a little bit, now it is an extremely hard obstacle course that I haven't finished on my android. I have finished it on my computer though. The only reason for it was to see if you could make the direction "up" nonexistent. This does basically happen although the player remembers the rotation they spawned in so that would be the rotation they believe is up and down. The way we could fix this is to spawn the player in a bunch of different rotations so they cant make a default up direction for themselves. Another problem we have been having is going through walls, basically what happens is the player would hit an object or a wall and they would go right through it until they his the next wall. The reason this happens is because when the game updates the position it puts the spaceship past the wall so it never even hits it in the first place. I know how I am going to fix this as well. All I am going to do is make a few linecasts that return the distance the spaceship is away from the wall/obstacle and tell the game if the spaceship should crash or not. This might also work for moving objects due to the fact that it will be the very last frame before the spaceship hits the obstacle and there are about 20 of those each second. Another problem we have been having is when the spaceship does crash it just sits there, not a really big problem but I would prefer if the spaceship starting drifting through space like it did in the earlier builds. The main reason I believe this is is because the spaceship is stuck in the wall so it cant move anywhere, if we disable the controls and turn on physics the frame before that just might fix the problem. I have also found out how to use GUI buttons, that means the next build should have speed control and missile shooting capabilities. I am going to go eat breakfast now and do my homework, after that I am going to test physics in Unity. 

Until next time

                                                Grant Oberhauser - Stressed Out of His Mind

0 comments:

Post a Comment

You're awesome for even thinking of leaving a comment...

A call-to-action text Contact us