:::: MENU ::::

Friday, December 7, 2012

Hello all,

So I decided to make a post because we almost got into a train wreck that could have thrown this whole game off course and potentially never finished. So what happened is I came home after going to the eye doctor, booted up my laptop, and started up Unity 3D for some ass kicking time. Then I took a nap and came back to my laptop after about an hour and browsed Reddit and YouTube for a few hours. Then I went over to Unity and saw some red text and the bottom. This usually means something is wrong in a script or something, so I looked at it and it said about 7 of our most major scripts were no longer in the project. This includes the script that makes the AI move, makes you move, makes the AI avoid collision, etc. I immediately went to my Google Drive where everything is backed up. I went to where on of the scripts are stored and found that it was an old version. Damn it. Wait, what if they are in the recycle bin? So I opened the recycle bin and there they all were, along with them were some skybox materials and other random files. How they got there, I have no idea.

The game is almost back to a working state, I just have to reapply the scripts to the prefabs that need them. The values are still stored so when it knows where to get instructions from it will go back to working just fine. Just a small inconvenience, nothing much.

Quick Edit: Got it back to a working state, if something is still screwed up I will find out later. Anyway, ONWARD TO DEVELOPMENT!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

You're awesome for even thinking of leaving a comment...

A call-to-action text Contact us