:::: MENU ::::

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Hello,

Today I finally made the push to do stuff that I didn't exactly want to do. Such as making a game over screen and making a points system.

I finally forced myself off of Reddit and put my resources towards game development. Once I redirected myself I started on the points system because I already had the framework down. I just had to make it put on points when an AI ship was killed.

Then I went on to do the game over screen which was a little easier to do than I though it was going to be. I had to tie in the game over screen into the GUI setup I had going on. After that I set up what would happen after you die from anything. Basically the camera detaches from the ship and floats/bounces out in space. Quite a good time.

I also cleaned some stuff up, such as the exit button at the beginning of the game which wasn't actually set up on the right game object. Now I just need to finish the whole main menu.

The game play seems to be down good enough and setting up maps should be able to get going here. That may or may not take a while, depending on how many of Patrick's mistakes I have to fix.

Until next time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

You're awesome for even thinking of leaving a comment...

A call-to-action text Contact us